13 February 2017

I just started wondering

A couple of weeks ago I was wondering whether I should start a MOOC on Java basics as many of my colleagues were doing. I have taken a few courses on computer science about 30 years ago (can not believe it was so long ago) and somehow it would have been nice to do all the basics again with Java. By now it is obvious that I have not been coding since then. But I have spent my working years near to it with e-learning or online learning, blended learning and learning administration systems.

In the middle of my hesitation I got to know about another online course called  Open networked learning. That seemed to contain very familiar themes to me as well, but the possibility to work with people from other organisations was pulling me in. It will also be interesting to start problem based learning with a group and seeking new information on the themes we are interested in.

The ONL171 course is the reason to open this blog as it is one of the course tasks to publish my thoughts, reflections and wonderments online.

Let the wandering online and offline begin today!

2 comments:

  1. Nice choice, I hope you will enjoy the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of wondering together through the framework of this course. Sometimes we are so focused on each task we miss other aspects of the learning journey.

    ReplyDelete